Friday 10 February 2012

Online Teacher Development Course - Research

Over the last few months I have been working with Bell Educational Services developing online and blended learning courses for English language teacher development. This has been an interesting project and one that has pushed me to review the way I think about online teacher development and the way courses and course interaction is developed using Moodle.



Coming through this process though I feel there are still some areas where I have remaining questions which I haven't been able to answer from the existing research I have access to, so for this reason I am working with Bell to gather new data which we will share with anyone who completes the questionnaire and which will later be analysed and written up for publication.


The questionnaire should take less than 5 minutes of your time, so if you have 5 minutes to contribute and share your needs, knowledge, opinions or expereinces of online teacher development, then please click this link and answer as many of the questions as you can.

Many thanks

Related links:

Best

Nik Peachey | Learning Technology Consultant, Writer, Trainer

13 comments:

Ronaldo Lima Jr. said...

Done! I hope it helps!

Cheers from Brazil!

Ronaldo

Nik Peachey said...

Thanks Ronaldo

It does help.

Hope all's well with you.

Best

Nik

Sophie said...

Hello Nik,

I'm about to do an online teacher develoment course in March. Should I wait until after I've done the course or should I do the survey now?

Sophie

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Sophie

By all means do the survey now. I'm just as interested in what people want and expect as I am in opinions of those people who have already done a course.

Thanks

Best

Nik

Geeta Rajan said...

Hi,
I have done the survey...I am looking for a good online course on Instructional Design......


Thanks and all the best,

Geeta
India

verenanz said...

Hi Nik!
Just finished the survey. Tried to be as detailed as possible. We seem to be working on similar things, so please give me a shout if you want to chat or more information...

Thanks for all your resources!

Verena Roberts, Calgary AB, Canada
www.GlobalEd.ca

RKSinCharlotte said...

Nik, it was a delight to take the survey. It took a lot longer than five minutes though - Just like in my online learning situation, and my daughter's, totally unanticipated interruptions (SIX) turned a quick survey into a half hour. Fortunately, the survey didn't close in the middle!

G. Latman said...

I've subscribe to your Learning Technology Blog, where you have shared some wonderful tech integration web sites and numerous ideas for integration of technology. Thanks for your vision and hard work that you have shared so freely!

Ali Ahmad Abidi said...

Hi Nik,

I'm one of your CALL Pakistan participant in Multan.

What model do you suggest for an online teaching programme in terms of the modes & tools of communication with students that is valid and doesn't make students feel 'not-being-attended'.

Ali Abidi
Pakistan

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Ali

There's no simple answer to this. The model you base your course on has to depend on the context in which your students are working and the topic or content your students need to cover. It's also very much dependent on the resources you have available, especially in terms of tutor time to support your students. Hopefully when I have the results of this research I'll be in a better position to answer those questions.

Best

Nik

asli gokturk said...

Hello, it's completed. I hope that it helps.
Thanks a lot for the links.
asli

nuseirn said...

Hi Nik
I am planning to design an online course for ESl teachers in my country. Is there an online course or another way to get help with that.
Thanks
Nadia

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Nadia

I'm in the process of launching some of my own courses and I'll also be piloting a course for Bell on Blended Learning very soon.

Best

Nik