http://otranscribe.com/ has a very useful interface which can help students to transcribe any audio or video file. Just add a link to the video or upload ad audio and the file will open in the interface. The file opens to the left of your text area and includes play and pause controls as well as a speed control for speeding up or slowing down the play back.
OTranscribe makes transcribing much more convenient.
This is a great way to review audio or video content that students have already studied for comprehension purposes.
You can find 100 + more tools and resources like this in my ebook Digital Tools for Teachers - Second Edition or if you want to train other teachers to use these kinds of tools check out the Teacher Trainers’ Edition.
- 20 Tech Enhanced Activities for the Language Classroom
- Digital Tools for Teachers
- Thinking Critically through Digital Media
- Exploiting Infographics
- 10 Lessons in Digital Literacy
- Digital Video – A Manual for Language Teachers