You have to register and log in and then you just grab embed codes for the video you want to build you quiz around. The site is multilingual so it doesn't just have to be an English language video.
Then you just add your questions and then embed the finished quiz into your blog or site. There are instructions here telling you how to create your own video quiz
As well as this the site has a huge collection of quizzes that have already been created by users and you can grab the code for these and add them to your blog. As users create quizzes they also classify and level them so it makes it very easy to choose something for your class even if you are in a hurry.
Here's an example one.
You can also register and create your own 'class' on the site. which you can then invite your students to, so that you control which quizzes they do.
This is a great and simple way to create motivating online tasks for your students and it's totally free. It also allows you to produce materials at home that your students can watch at home in schools where YouTube is blocked.
The only problem I had with it was that some of the video clips are restricted geographically by YouTube, but if you are creating your own for students in your country then you'll soon realise what is and isn't available.
I hope you enjoy this site and create lots of great quizzes.
- 20+ video activities for students
- 20 WebCam Activities for EFL ESL Students
- Online Video: For Language Development
- Online Video: As Knowledge Resource
- Online Video: Authentic Genres
- Free Educational TV Channels
- News Videos for EFL ESL Materials Design
- Exploiting a Video Viral
- Create a YouTube Carousel
- 12 Second Video Clips for EFL ESL
- Sending Bubble Joy to your EFL / ESL Students
- Great Video Commenting Tool