Friday 6 June 2008

Twitter vs Plurk

I checked out Twitter some time ago and couldn't really see what all the fuss was about. Embarrassingly, after signing up for an account people started following my Twitter even though I wasn't posting! I've also been hearing so many people raving about Twitter that I thought maybe I should give it another chance.

At the same time I've started getting interested in Plurk.com which on first impression I actually prefer, as It seems to have more scope for delivering rich media (embedding video etc into postings) and also because I like the visual time line aspect of the design.
Anyway, I've decided to experiment by using both for the next few weeks and see what happens.

If you'd like to sign up and join the experiment, by all means sign on using the links below.

And / Or
  • Follow me on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com and search for Nik Peachey
    Or
  • Do something far more productive with your time!
If you do follow one or both of these I'd love your feedback here in the comments section.

Hope this doesn't turn into the most boring experiment ever.

Best

Nik Peachey

2 comments:

ppmartin said...

OK, will join your trials and tribulations on Twitter & Plurk ;)

Rita Zeinstejer said...

Hmmm, it seems I'm spotting Plurk and its features quite later than many other people... In fact, I was about to give up exploring its features, as I had sent invites to many colleagues, with no success.
Then I decided to contact you, Nik, and I'm now looking at it with different eyes. Your video is quite enlightening! Thanks so very much once again for sharing your expertise, I'll now include Plurk in a presentation I'll give in Rosario, Argentina, early next year...