Friday 16 May 2008

YouTube for IWBs with PicLens

While I was checking links yesterday for the posting to my learning technology blog, I was delighted to see that PicLens have added YouTube support for their browser plugin.

Click here or on the image to watch a movie showing how it works (2.2 Mb)

This is one of my favourite plugins and I think it's a fantastic teaching tool, especially for those with IWBs (interactive whiteboards) or data projectors in class. (See my Learning technology blog posting for teachging ideas for ELT).

This addition of YouTube support means that we can now get full screen Youtube videos direct to the classroom without any of the distracting text or advertising that lives on the web page, and in the fantastic PicLens 3D immersive interface.

If you want to use PicLens then you can download it for free from here:
Love it

Best

Nik

2 comments:

The Cooliris Team said...

Hi Nik:

Thanks so much for posting about PicLens! We appreciate it!

Here's a trick if you are using a Mac and want to turn even your lecture notes into something viewable on the "3D Wall" interface:

1. Use the Keynote program on the Mac
2. Save your work as images
3. Then use PicLens Publisher (http://piclens.com/lite), which will take all your "images" and create the files needed

That's it!

If you're using PowerPoint for the PC, it's more complicated. We'll be posting details about our blog at blog.cooliris.com shortly.

Kind regards,
Alec & The Cooliris Team

Nik Peachey said...

Thanks for the tip Alec and for the great Plugin. I do use a MAC so I'll give it a try when I get a min.

Thanks

Nik