The basic concept of the site is simple. It enables teachers and students to create colourful original comic strips using a range of characters, simply by using the point and click interface. The characters have a range of different emotions to choose from, you can add your own dialogue using the speech bubbles or you can leave them blank for students to add their own.
You can then either email your finished cartoon strips to people or print them up for use in class
The Teachers Resources section has a great collection of ideas for how you can use the site with students and there is a wonderful collection of possible story ideas to get students creating their own stories
Here you can see some ESOL students talking about how they have used the site.
This is a wonderful example of a technical solution that can enable teachers to produce materials for the low tech classroom. Some really simple but great ideas for providing students with motivating materials.
I hope you enjoy and use it with your students.
- Dfilm - Dvolver Adds Embed Code
- Text to Speech Movies for EFL ESL
- Great Collection of Short Films
- Great Source of Animated Movies
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- Creating audio-visual monologues
- Make you own animated movies
- Developing screencast tutorials