To make a search you just type in your key word and all the results start to appear as images.
If you click on the small spanner icon at the top right you can adjust the setting.
There is a safe search option here which is on by default, so that's handy. You can also turn various other options on or off so that you restrict which sources are included in your results.
As I said I think this is a nice search engine to use in class on IWB / data projector or for students.
- You could type in keywords to brainstorm around topics or themes for the class you are doing.
- You could type in a keyword and get students to choose one result that they think will be interesting and get them to explore it as a warmer.
- You could get students to find an image, a text, a video and a tweet and write / talk about the connection between them.
- Or you could just use it to reinforce and find examples of vocabulary.
- Creating Word Lists
- Flickr and Wiktionary Based Image Dictionary
- Image based activities
- Exploiting Travel Images
- Art Photography as a Basis for Language Activities
- Darwin and Evolution
- Create Image Books
- Create a Flickr Montage