The site is dedicated to Darwin and as well as having some useful information and resources about him, has a wonderful little tool to take yourself backwards through the evolutionary process.
Just upload your image adjust it for position and then watch yourself transform back for a few million years.
So if you would like to see how I got from this:
Then just click on this link here and watch as I go back through time: Nik Devolved
Be sure to play with the little slider to take me backwards and forwards.
As for classroom exploitation:
- You could transform a few people using images of famous people then see if students can guess who they are.
- You could also get your students to transform images of themselves and guess who they are.
- Or you could be serious and use this to start a discussion on evolution. Students can post and compare their opinions to the 'Have your say' forum
Anyway, hope you enjoy it.
- Are You a Celebrity Lookalike?
- Photo Fun with Your Students
- Personalised flashcards
- Animating vocabulary
- A Picture's worth
- Manga images for EFL ESL
- Create an English Cartoon
- Guess the Word
- Play Games and Improve Your Vocabulary