Thursday 30 October 2008

Photo Fun with Your Students

Some time back in March 08 I wrote a posting on ideas for creating personalised Personalised flashcards for EFL ESL activities. That posting used a site called FaceinHole which had some nice images that you could upload you or your student's picture to.

I've just spotted another site called PhotoFunia that also has a nice collection that you could use with many of the same ideas.
Here's a few examples that you or your students could use as prompts to create stories around. You could also get them to create a completely fake biography. Here's mine. See if you can decide which parts are true!!!
  • Did you know I used to be an astronaut?
  • Before I became a teacher I was in fashion.
  • I also recorded a CD, but I only sold one copy. Wonder who bought it!
  • Of course I've made some pretty influential friends too.
  • And like every celebrity I had my own chat show
  • And er! Well I can dream, can't I?

Well I hope you and your students enjoy this site. It is of course free, but has some advertising on so watch out for that.

Related links:
Best

Nik Peachey

2 comments:

Aiden said...

Hi Nik,

I'm using this lesson for March 09. I'll let you know how it goes.

Aiden

Nik Peachey said...

That's great Aiden. Please do let me know.

Hope they enjoy it.

Best

Nik