Wednesday 29 October 2008

Create Text to Speech Movies

I've just been playing with a really nice tool called Xtranormal that enables you to create nice animated movies. You can create a scene an a series of movies simply by choosing back drops and characters, writing your script for them and then just drop on different actions and sound effects.



This is an example that took me about 10 - 15 mins to create (Took me a while to work out that you had to write the script first - Der!!)
In many ways this is a similar tool to one of my long term favourites DFilm, which I wrote about some time ago in Make you own animated movies, though this is perhaps even better as the characters take your script and actually say it using the wonders of text to speech.

Xtranormal is a great tool for generating listening and writing activities, as well as being a lot of fun. I hope to be publishing some teaching tips for it soon.

At present the site is still n beta and it says that it is free to use for now, which makes me think you should use it now as they might start charging soon.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

Related links:


Best

Nik Peachey

1 comment:

RhysatWork said...

Thanks for sharing this Nick (I saw your tweet) I'm heading over to sign up now. I can see loads of potential for this and my friend @trudyS is managing a project for a TESOL e-learning project. This will be great for her methinks.

Cheers,
Rhys Moult
@rhysatwork