It's designed for young learners to enable them to create short animated narrative clips. There's a nice video tutorial here showing how easy it is to create a short animated clip.
You'll need to have Adobe Air installed and then it is just a very quick download and you are then ready to start animating.
There are some useful PDF guidelines on how to use it which you can download from the site too.
There's a catch though, Anithings is still in beta and once it is finished the final version will cost money. Shame they can't think of a more up-to-date business model! Best download it now and get using it, if you can live with the bugs.
You can find some nice examples here of what kids in UK have been doing with the software.
- Teaching EFL ESL with Comic Strips
- Dfilm - Dvolver Adds Embed Code
- Text to Speech Movies for EFL ESL
- Great Collection of Short Films
- Great Source of Animated Movies
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- Creating audio-visual monologues
- Make you own animated movies
- Developing screencast tutorials