The content is really simple to access and is well organised and the video clips are small and short - not really appropriate for a single computer classroom, but great for students doing research or activities work in alone or in pairs on their computer.
There are a number of tasks you could set students using this material.
- Get each student to think of a country or city they would like to visit, send them away to research an event that is happening in that city / country then they can come back to class tell other students about the event and try to persuade them to come to the event with them.
- You could get students to browse through the video section watch some of the videos and decide which place they would most like to go to.
- You could get students to research their own country, find out what events are being advertised and see if the information is accurate. They could then create their own content based around any events that happen in their country that have been missed, using the website entries as a model.
This isn't a site that was designed for education so their is quite a bit of advertising, but your students will need to get used to noticing and ignoring that.
I hope you find it useful and your students enjoy it.
- Creating multimedia stories
- News Videos for EFL ESL Materials Design
- Things You Can Do With Your WebCam 1
- Exploiting a Video Viral
- Lesson plan Top 10 Cartoons for Children’s Rights
- Create a YouTube Carousel
- Videos for Global Issues Lessons
- Update on the Education Clip Library